Brooks Saddles Imperial B17 Standard Bicycle Saddle with Hole and Laces (Men's, Black)
UPC : 831273006105
Share this Product
The B17 Imperial is another variation of our time-honored B17 design, featuring a distinctive cut-out section in the top of the leather, first conceived and registered by Brooks over a century ago. In the catalogue of J.B. Brooks & Co. dated 1890 a model called the B86 Imperial, with its unique "registered cutting", is described as "a sure preventative to all perennial pressure". Another distinctive feature of the B17 Imperial is the perforations along the lower edge of the leather sides, which are threaded together one side to the other by a lace. This can be adjusted to help maintain the saddle’s shape and provide comfort in the long term. Tying the leather lace tightly pulls the sides of the saddle closer together, conversely loosening the lace enables the saddle sides to splay slightly further apart. This sideways fine-tuning of the B17 Imperial is of course in addition to the usual fore-and-aft tensioning mechanism common to all Brooks Saddles.
- HANDMADE IN ENGLAND-Manufactured using 100 year old traditional techniques and the highest quality materials.
- IMPERIAL CUT- Brooks utilizes the imperial cut to relieve perennial pressure.
- SHAPE ADJUSTMENT- Use the threaded perforations to maintain the shape and increase comfort on the B17 Imperial.
- CHROME FRAME- The rails and frame are chrome plated steel for the perfect mix of strength and style.
- VEGETABLE TANNED LEATHER- Brooks uses only the finest European vegetable tanned leather for their saddles, bags and accessories.